Looking back at my old blog posts, I realized that they have been getting longer and longer! And the first thing that comes to mind for me is, “Sorry!” I apologize to you guys who have been kind enough to read my posts; I never meant for them to be long! I don’t know what happened. (I can’t imagine; what, me? Ramble?)
So this week in the interest of brevity, I’m going to blog in list form. Numbers. Short sentences, phrases even. Sounds like a plan. . .
My idea of a topic was “Things to Enjoy on Snow Days,” but maybe it should be “A Few Things to Enjoy on Snow Days.”
1) Just the words. “Snow Days.” Magical words to kids and teachers (and former teachers) alike, or at least they were, around here, until last week. Maybe that excitement will return if it hasn’t already.
2) Hot chocolate, or tea, or other favorite drink, with your hands wrapped around a steaming mug. (For me it’s usually coffee; an extra treat is one of those tiny chocolate thingys that looks like a stirrer, but isn’t, and it melts. . . yum.)
3) Well, of course, playing! I mostly just walk and take pictures, but I have the joy of watching my sweet neighbors’ children build snowmen, ride sleds, of seeing the excitement on their faces. Then there are the Instagram and FB pictures, too! I love seeing my friends’ snow pictures.
4) Fires. Warm, crackling, with flames that hypnotize and smoke that smells like memories.
5) Of course, I have to mention food. Do I talk about food in every blog post, I wonder? Hmm, I’ll have to check. Anyway! Chili, and spaghetti, and brownies, and cookies, and vegetable soup, and. . . well, I could go on and on for #5.
6) Extra moments with someone you love, cuddling time with people and pets! Or both!!
7) Peace. Stillness. Quiet. Unplugging. The soft crystal covering of hope and new starts.
There is more, much more. But this is a short blog post. Or at least a shorter blog post. Oh, yeah, I just thought of one more thing. I think the moon is full tonight. So wouldn’t it be pretty to see
8) Moonlight shining on traces of snow?